Easton Velocity Service and Installation Policies
Installation work will be performed on an appointment basis. Appointments are scheduled in four-hour blocks (morning or afternoon) between 7:30am and 4:00pm. If you have special needs beyond this appointment option, please call us and we will do our best to accommodate you. If our installer or technician is running late, we will attempt to contact you and if necessary reschedule the appointment at a time convenient for you.
Our technical staff will not enter your home to perform work unless a responsible adult over 18 years of age is present. We have established this policy to protect you and our employees.
Prepare for Your Installation
Get ready for your Easton Velocity service installation by making sure:
- All TVs are unboxed and in the location where they will be connected. The technician will not unpack, move or wall mount a TV.
- All devices that you want to access the internet must be available at the time of install. The technician will assist with connecting up to 5 devices at the time of install. Supported devices have web browsers (TVs, computers, cell phones, tablets, streaming devices etc.) Other devices (printers, thermostats, security systems, etc.) will not be connected by the technician.
- Someone 18 years or older will be present for the duration of the installation.
- All computers meet minimum system requirements.
- Television sets and/or entertainment centers are at least three to five feet away from the
- Additional customer owned equipment (audio systems, DVD players, VCRs, etc.) will not
be connected by the technician.
- All pets are secured while the technician is in your home.
- Technicians can easily access your exterior cable connection point to complete the
- New outlet installs may not be able to be routed in a manner that the customer
approves. In this case the customer will be advised to contact a 3rd party electrician to
- If customer requests a large number of outlets or an outlet install requires substantial
work, the technician may re-schedule the work for a later time that accommodates the
- Technician will not enter a crawl space with standing water or where mold is identified.
Installation can take from 1-4 hours
In some cases a connection or wiring you used for your previous service will not be suitable for the new network. Your technician will explain how to install for the best possible service.
Underground Wiring (Cable Line) Installation or Replacement
During your appointment, if the technician determines that your underground wiring (or cable line) needs to be installed or replaced, a temp line will be installed to get the services running at optimal levels. You will be required to sign a waiver for locating any underground private utilizes (electric lines, dog fences, irrigation, etc.). Locates for the public utilities will be handled by the underground construction crew. Once locates clear, the temp line will be permanently installed.
Get answers with our link to support page or call Customer Service at 410-822-6110.
From our products to our people, we're committed to delivering the best experience possible so you can do more and enjoy more of what you love.
Thank you for being an Easton Velocity customer.
Disclaimer: Our service techs have the right to refuse entering a home or business they deem unsafe or unsanitary.